Customizing the email template used with manual emails
This section explains how to customize the Email This Issue template used when you are manually editing and sending notifications using the Email button. Read more here.
This tutorial requires the following prerequisites to be met:
Note: You must be a Jira administrator to be able to perform the following settings.
By following this guide you will be able to carry out the following actions:
1. Customize the email templates used by Jira Email this Issue.
2. Test the template. (optional)
2. Associate the template with your projects and/or issue types
1. Go to Email Templates under OUTGOING EMAILS and click the Add button then choose from the following options:
- Create from Themes
- Create from JIRA Templates
2. Customize the template according to your needs. Use the field picker to add issue fields and custom fields, comments or issue linking information.
3. Click Save at the bottom of the page to save your template or click Cancel to discard the draft.
Note: To create multiple email templates, repeat steps 1-4 as many times as needed.
- 1.Go to Email Templates under OUTGOING EMAILS.
- 2.Click the three dots next to the name of the template and choose Test.
1. Go to OUTGOING EMAILS --> Contexts.
2. Click the Add button. The following fields need to be filled:
Select the project you want to apply the context settings to. Leave the field empty to apply this context for all projects.
Select the issue type you want to apply the context settings to. Leave the field empty to apply this context for all issue types.
Select a default template for this context to use (e.g. the one you customized above). This template will be used when sending emails using the Email button.
External Watchers Field
Add external recipients as watchers to the issue.
Sender Name Pattern
Enter a name that appears in the emails as the sender. If left empty, JETI will use JIRA's default settings. Specify (in Velocity markup syntax) how to format the sender's name in outgoing emails.
From Email Address
Enter the email address you want to use as the "from address" in the emails. If left empty, JETI will use the default settings.
Specify (in Velocity markup syntax) how to format the From Email Address in outgoing emails.
Note: To add multiple contexts, repeat step 2 as many times as needed.
Read more here: