Customizing the email template used with manual emails
This tutorial requires the following prerequisites to be met:
By following this guide you will be able to carry out the following actions:
1. Customize the email templates used by Jira Email this Issue.
2. Test the template. (optional)
2. Associate the template with your projects and/or issue types
1. Go to Email Templates under OUTGOING EMAILS and click the Add button then choose from the following options:
- Create from Themes
- Create from JIRA Templates
2. Customize the template according to your needs. Use the field picker to add issue fields and custom fields, comments or issue linking information.
3. Click Save at the bottom of the page to save your template or click Cancel to discard the draft.
- 1.Go to Email Templates under OUTGOING EMAILS.
- 2.Click the three dots next to the name of the template and choose Test.
1. Go to OUTGOING EMAILS --> Contexts.
2. Click the Add button. The following fields need to be filled:
Read more here: