Creating a gateway between Confluence Pages and Product details
Store all the technical documentation, user manuals, licensing information and any other documents of your products in Confluence, while keeping the product details in Odoo.
Let's create an Index Page in Confluence where you can access all your documentation and your products in a single Page.
- 1.Create the Index Page as the Parent Page of all your upcoming documentation
- 2.Add a Page Properties Report Macro to the Page. That will gather all the details you specify about a product in each page - and a direct link to it's documentation in Confluence
- 3.Setup the Page Properties Macro so it will find all the relevant Pages
- 1.specify a label that you will add to each Product Documentation Page (e.g. own-products and internal-use-products)
- 2.you can keep the Current Space setting as your documents will be added here as Child Pages
- 4.Save the Page
- 5.Create a Documentation Child Page for each Product
- 6.Add a Page Properties Macro to the page (you can copy the macro from the first page after it's created
- 7.Make the Page Properties Macro hidden if you feel like not showing this info in the Pages (only in the Index Page)
- 8.Inside the Page Properties Macro, add a table
- 9.With the Odoo Connect Macro, add Odoo product details the you would like to show in the Index Page (e.g. Product name, Product Category, Product Owner, Technical Contact)
- 10.Add all the documentation to the Page as usual
- 11.Save the Page
- 12.Add the your chosen label to the current Page
- 13.Check out the Index Page.
Editing Own Product Documentation Page
Editing Internal Product Documentation Page
If you made the Page Properties Macro hidden, you will not see any Odoo details in the Documentation Pages.
On the other hand, your Index Page will show a table of all your Child Pages and all the Product details for each Product as direct Links to Odoo. Product Documentation Page with hidden Page Properties Macro
Own Product Index Page
Internal Product Index Page