Incoming Mail Log
SINCE VERSION 8.0
The Incoming Mail Log provides insights to the internal statuses of the mail handlers. You can access the Incoming Mail Log from the app's administration page. Go to INCOMING EMAILS ADMINSTRATION --> Incoming Mail Log.
By opening the log, the following details are shown:
By expanding the log items you can reveal more details:
- Message ID: extracted from the MESSAGE-ID header of the email that was processed
- Execution ID: a unique identifier of the course of actions related to this email
- Log: detailed set of steps the mail handler has done or the reason why the email was filtered out
Entries of the Mail Handler log are permanently stored in the database. This poses a risk of increasing the size of the database dramatically.
To prevent this you can remove entries from the log in one of the following ways:
- Manually remove a single log entry.
- Manually remove multiple log entries that are over a certain age.
- Schedule an automatic purge process to bulk remove log entries that are over a certain age.
You can click the three dots next to an email and use the Delete button to remove a single item from the log:
To remove multiple entries manually, click on the Configure Purge button. This opens a form where the relevant field is Items to remove. This allows you to select the age of the log entries to remove. The following options are available:
To actually remove the mail items, click the Purge Items Permanently button.
To remove items automatically, click on the Configure Purge button.
This opens a form where there are two relevant fields to set are:
- Hour to start at: specifies when the purge job is carried out every day
- Items to remove: allows you to select the age of the mail items to remove. Options include emails older than 1 month, 3 months, 6 months.
To schedule the job, click Save Settings.
As the Incoming Mail Log may grow fast, you can use the search function to find particular items. Click the Search button (marked with a magnifier icon) to open the search form:
The available search fields are as follows: