Canned responses are predefined text responses that allow you to quickly insert them into outgoing manual emails.
Canned responses can be added, deleted and edited in the canned responses section of Jira Email This Issue administration. They only take text input, velocity, and other codes are not yet supported.
1. Go to OUTGOING EMAILS --> Canned Responses and do either of the following:
- Add new responses by clicking on the Add button.
- Delete already existing ones by clicking the three dots next to the name of the response and choosing Delete.
- Edit already existing ones by clicking the three dots next to the name of the response and choosing Edit.
You can enable/disable responses in the Contexts and if enabled, and you can select the response categories previously added to be able to use the response when composing manual emails.
1. Go to OUTGOING EMAILS --> Contexts.
2. Click the three dots next to the name of the context you'd like to edit and choose Edit.
3. In the Edit Context page scroll down to the Content panel's Response Categories field.
4. Start typing the name of the category or select it from the drop-down menu. If you do not select any categories here, all of them will be offered on the email screen.
After creating the canned response and enabling it in Contexts, it becomes available on the email screen. When composing an email click Add Response to add a canned response to the mail body.