Find Tutorials and popular use cases on the following page.
- Manually via the Email button in the issue view
- Automatically as Event notifications or Workflow transitions
Specify a wide range of recipients such as:
- Jira user
- External email addresses
- Issue collaborators
- Project roles
- User groups
- Custom fields
Emails support inline images and the issue's attachments as email attachments.
Send emails upon status changes in your issues.
Add Email This Issue Workflow Post Functions to your transition to:
- Send emails about important updates
- Send emails only to those recipients who are interested in the changes
- Attach issue attachments to the emails
- Customize email layout and content
- JEditor is supported for both sending and receiving emails.
- Compose beautiful rich text emails with inline images using JEditor.
- Keep formatting and layout with inline images of the emails when you create issues using Email This Issue Mail Handler. The issue description will look as close to the original email as possible.
- Keep track of all incoming and outgoing emails related to the issues.
- See a chronological list of emails under the Email tab in the issue view.
- Admins can track all emails sent or received from the Configuration page.
- Control who can send issues in emails from Jira.
- Disable the use of external email addresses or recipients without permissions from viewing the issue in Jira, if needed.
- Not only react on events and send event notifications but fire events when emails are sent or being processed.
- Automate emails
- Fully customize email content
- Attach issue attachments to emails
- JQL filter support to make notifications conditional
- Various email options
- Acknowledge the receipt of emails with an automatic acknowledgment email sent to senders when the email is processed with arbitrary email templates.
- Process incoming emails with the Next Gen Handler using various email processing actions that are not available in Jira, but are configurable in Jira Email This Issue.
- The Next Gen Mail handler allows you to save sender and recipient email addresses or recognized users to custom fields. You can use these custom fields as recipients when an email is sent manually or automatically like in Email This Issue Event Notifications.
Search for issues that has ever been sent in email or that has been created or commented by email.
- Create HTML and Clear text templates with the embedded template editor.
- Use issue fields or custom fields in the email body or even in the subject.
- Embed complex structures like comments, issue linking information and email log in the outgoing emails with the Field Picker.