Comment on page
Setting up customized notifications
This tutorial is to show how to setup customized event notifications.
This tutorial requires the following prerequisites to be met:
Note: You must be a Jira administrator to be able to perform the following settings.
In order to be able to send out customized email templates, you need to do the following:
- 1.Create email templates for issue events.
- 2.Test your template settings (optional).
- 3.Configure notifications with issue events.
- 4.Associate the notifications with your projects and/or issue type.
1. Go to OUTGOING EMAILS --> Email templates and click Add.
2. Choose from the following options:
- Create from Themes
- Create from JIRA Templates
3. Customize the template according to your needs. Use the field picker to add issue fields, custom fields, comments or issue linking information, and so on. Read more about email template customization here.
4. Click Save to save your template or Cancel to discard the draft.
5. If you want to create multiple email templates, repeat steps 1-4 as many times as needed.
2. Add the key of an existing issue.
3. (Optional): Enter some subject text and mail body.
4. Click Send to send out a test email right away to your email address, or click Preview to preview the email before clicking Send.
2. Set a Name, Description, and an Event Processor for the notification template and click Add to proceed.
4. Click Add to add a New event notification.
5. Select an event type to associate with the event notification. This can be based on Issue Event Notifications or Service Management Customer Notifications. Fill out the fields to configure the notification event. Read more about it here.
6. Click Save.
7. To add multiple events, repeat steps 1-6 as many times as needed.
3. Click Save.
4. To add multiple contexts, repeat step 1-3 as many times as needed.