Migrating Outgoing Mail Connections
This section provides information on how to migrate SMTP connections from Server to Cloud.
Note: Settings configured under SMTP Connections on Server can be configured under SMTP Servers on Cloud.
Note: If connections use OAuth2, Client Credentials need to be migrated first, so that they are available when the connections are replicated on Cloud. For more information on migrating OAuth2 credentials, see: Migrating OAuth2 Credentials
- 1.On the Server interface, display the SMTP connections that you want to migrate as follows:
- 1.Select SMTP Connections under the OUTGOING EMAILS ADMINISTRATION section of the sidebar.
- 2.Click the three dots next to the SMTP connection you want to migrate, and select Edit
- 2.In a separate browser tab, log in to the Cloud interface and migrate SMTP connections as follows:
- 1.Select SMTP Servers under the OUTGOING MAILS menu item of the Administration configuration tab, and click Add.
- 3.Copy and paste the content from the Edit SMTP Connection panel on Server to the Edit SMTP Server Connection panel on Cloud as follows:
- 1.As shown in the image below, make sure to copy and paste the content of the following fields:
- Name → Name
- Description → Description
- From Address → From Email Address
- Prefix → Email Prefix
- Connect Mode → Service provider
- Encryption → Encryption
- Username → Username
- Password → Password
- 2.As shown in the image below, make sure to copy and paste the content of the following fields as well:
- Host → Host
- Port → SMTP Port
- Debug → Debug
- 3.In case of an OAuth2 setting, make sure to copy and paste the content of the following fields.
- Connect mode → Service Provider
- OAuth2 Credentials → OAuth2 Credentials
- 4.On the Cloud interface, click Save.
- 5.Repeat this procedure for all your connections.
Result: Your SMTP connection settings are migrated from Server to Cloud.
For more information, see: