Incoming Mail Connections
To use mail handlers and process your incoming emails to create or modify issues, incoming Mail Accounts have to be configured first.
Due to security reasons, the Email This Issue add-on cannot access the mail servers in Jira itself, so mail accounts should be configured within Email This Issue's Administration interface.
1. Go to the Administration configuration tab, and choose Mail Accounts under the INCOMING MAILS menu item.
Incoming Mail Connections
2. To create a new Mail Account, click on Add.
3. Email This Issue supports login and OAuth authentication mechanisms for Mail Accounts. In the Add Mail Account dialog, select the correct protocol:
- POP3, IMAP: log in with username and password
- OAuth for Gmail/Gsuite: OAuth2
- OAuth2 for Microsoft 365
In case of an unsuccessful connection in the Incoming Mail Connection, the status becomes red and a protocol log becomes available:
Incoming Mail Connections - Protocol log
The Protocol Log is displayed only when the status is red (indicating a problem with the connection) and it contains information about the errors that occurred during fetching e.g. authentication failed, wrong hostname etc.
Currently Email This Issue does not delete processed emails. Before saving the Mail Account, please use the "Test Connection" button to check if Email This Issue is able to connect to your mailbox.
OAuth authentication is currently supported for both Google and Microsoft 365 accounts.
If you want to use OAuth 2.0 authentication, select this option with the appropriate protocol. A new dropdown list and button will appear under the protocol selector.
- 1.Select the Client Credentials you created on the credentials page.
- 2.Enter the user name to the SMTP Server you want to use.
- 3.Click on the "Authorize with Google" button to grant access to Email This Issue to send emails from your account.
- 4.In the dialog, select the account which belongs to the email address you use for login:Note: If you have multiple Google accounts select the one with the email that matches the username in the SMTP Server dialog. Emails will be sent from that account.
A shared mailbox is a mailbox that multiple users can use to read and send e-mail messages. You can read more about them here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/collaboration/shared-mailboxes/shared-mailboxes
To use a shared mailbox you just have to enter the username and password (or use OAuth) of the account you want to log in with, then enable the "Use a shared mailbox" option and enter the alias of the shared mailbox in the field that appears:
Shared mailbox settings for Incoming Mail Connection