Workflow post functions
Email This Issue has workflow post functions to send fully customizable emails as part of the workflow transitions. Sending emails from transitions can be a better alternative to event notifications, because specific operations, such as Request Approved might not be precisely represented by generic event types such as Issue Updated.
To see the list of current post functions, go to the Outgoing Mails configuration tab and select Workflow Post Functions under GENERAL CONFIGURATION.
Email post functions must be added and edited in the workflow editor of Jira.
1. Select Issues in the Settings menu, then go to Workflows under the WORKFLOWS section of the sidebar.
2. Choose the workflow that you want to add the post functions to and click View under the Actions column.
3. Switch to Text view to display the Transitions (id) column, then click on the chosen transition.
4. Switch to the Post Functions tab of the selected transition and click Add post function.
Consider the following during setting up a post function:
- Scope - WHEN
- Recipients - WHO
- Content Settings - WHAT
Setting a JQL filter makes it easy to better target the issues and send emails conditionally depending on the issue fields. The following example emails are sent only when the issue is of the Highest priority.
To enter a JQL that involves a user name (such as defining the assignee of an issue), follow these steps:
- 1.Under the JQL Filter field, click Edit.
- 2.Enter the JQL filter.
- 3.When it comes to entering a user name, do the following:
- 1.Click Insert user.
- 2.Search for the user name, then click Insert to insert a string.
- 4.Click Save to use the JQL filter or Cancel to delete it.
Recipients selected in the post function will receive the emails.
Emails can have To, Cc and Bcc recipients. For all of these recipient types, you can enter or select:
- Users from Jira
- Email addresses
- Users related to the issue or project, such as:
- Project Lead
- Current User
- Project roles
- User groups
- Custom fields that hold email addresses or users or groups
Content settings attributes include: