Sending manual emails
To send a manual email, do the following:
1. Go to the issue in Jira.
2. On the right hand panel of the issue screen, click the three dots and choose Email from the menu.
The email screen provides an easy-to-use email composition interface while keeping users in context.
The screen is divided into two panels:
- The left panel is dedicated to composing the email. Add the following here:
- Recipient(s) To
- Recipient(s) Cc
- Recipient(s) Bcc
Emails may have To, Cc and Bcc recipients. For all of these recipient types, you can enter or select the following:
- Users from Jira
- Email addresses
- Individuals related to the issue or project, such as:
- Project Lead
- Current User
- Project Roles
- User Groups
- Custom Fields that may hold the following:
- Email addresses
The key attributes to specify email content are the following:
The Preview button opens an email preview in a dialog for verifying the final layout and content of the email before sending it. It is possible to send the email directly from the preview dialog.
Canned responses are predefined default email messages that can easily be added to the email body. Responses help users avoid repeatedly typing long, standard messages to recipients.
Responses can render the details of the issue dynamically into the message.
The following example adds a message dynamically.
The right panel of the email screen displays issue details with all system and custom fields and the list of comments to keep users in context.
The comments listed on the issue panel can be easily quoted in the email message by clicking the links Add to mail body and (with full details).
- Add to mail body adds the comment text to the cursor position in the Message field.
- (with full details) includes the name of the author and the date and time the comment had been added.
The following gives an example of a comment added to the mail body with full details: