Comment on page
Canned Responses (default messages)
Canned Responses are predefined response texts that can be chosen when an email is being composed.
To manage responses, do the following:
1. Go to Responses under the EMAIL CONTENT menu item of the Outgoing Mails configuration tab.
2. Click on Add to create a new response or Edit an already existing response.
3. Under the Basic Settings tab, make sure to add content to the following fields: Name, Description and Category, then click Next.
4. In the editor, enter the response body what will be used for HTML emails.
5. Use the Field picker if you want to insert a field from the issue. Just search for the field and click on Add to template button to insert code that renders the field to the cursor position. It's a shortcut to avoid entering the expression manually.
6. Click Next.
7. In the editor you can enter the response body what will be used for text emails, and use the Field picker if you want to insert a field from the issue as described in Step 5.
Responses can be organized in categories. Putting responses into categories allows the users to manage Response visibility in group instead of managing them one-by-one.
To put a response into a category, enter a category name in the Category field in first step of the Edit Response dialog and save it. You can type any name, it will be automatically converted to category.
In Manual Email Configurations you can select which response categories you want to allow to use during email sending. To enable a category open the Manual Email Configuration editor and on the third step (Content Settings - WHAT), select the Response Categories you want to show. You can select more categories. To include the templates without category, select the (Templates without Category) item.
Once you have created a response, put it into the correct category and configure the Manual Email Configuration to show the required categories, so you can use the response when sending an email.
1. Click on the Email button on the top-right corner on the issue screen.
2. Choose the responses that belong to the selected category from the dropdown list: