Advanced email configuration
Advanced email configurations provide a set of optional features that can be useful with more complex scenarios.
1. To see the list of the list of advanced email configurations, go to the Outgoing Mails configuration tab and select Advanced Email Configuration under GENERAL CONFIGURATION.
2. Add a new configuration by clicking on the Add button.
3. Edit existing ones by clicking on the three dots and choosing Edit.
Note: It is possible to add multiple advanced email configurations. Consider these aspects in each case:
- Email Settings
The scope determines to which issues this setting is applicable. If there are multiple manual email configurations in the system, Email This Issue evaluates all of them and determines the one with the best matching scope for the issue.
The scope can consist of:
- 0 or more projects
- 0 or more issue types
- An optional JQL query
- An email trigger
To enter a JQL which involves a user name (such as defining the assignee of an issue), follow these steps:
- 1.Under the JQL Filter field, click Edit.
- 2.Enter the JQL.
- 3.When it comes to entering a user name, do the following:
- 1.Click Insert user.
- 2.Search for the user name, then click on Insert to insert a string.
- 4.Click Save to use the JQL or Cancel to delete it.
In the Email Settings tab, the following advanced attributes are available:
Embedding policy: Configure how to send out attachments. It has the following options:
- Embed if attachment belongs to this Jira: selecting this option will cause that all attachments (images and non-images) will be sent as part of the email.
- Do not embed images at all: If you select this option, then links in the email will not be loaded, and target attachments will not be sent.
Add Bulk header: Configure whether to add the "Precedence:" bulk header to outgoing emails. It is a good practice to add this header to the emails, so that auto responds (e.g. out of office replies) aren't sent in reply to these emails.
Add auto-generated header: Configure whether to add the "Auto-Submitted:" auto-generated header to the emails. This header indicates that the message was originated by an automatic process.